Opinion
We Will Stop Atiku In 2027 – Wike Declares

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory FCT, Nyesom Wike, has downplayed the chances of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar in clinching the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP for the 2027 general election, saying it will simply not happen.
Speaking during a live media parley on Wednesday evening in Abuja, Wike said Atiku had severally presented his blueprint to Nigerians and he had been serially rejected.
Atiku who was the PDP Presidential Candidate in 2023 had recently said if he had won the election, he would have done things differently from President Bola Tinubu and Nigerians would not have been faced with the current level of hardship
Wike said; “Did he (Atiku) not present it (blueprint) before Nigerians? Did Nigerians choose him? He is lobbying for another chance. The chance will not be there. In which party? How can we use one man for how many years?
“Look at America, I am sure you all did not support Trump saying he is this, he is a racist, he is that, we are crying, Americans were thinking about something else, thinking for the good of their own country made a decision.
“You presented your blueprint in 2023, Nigerians heard you clear and said thank you, but it will not work, we will not support you. Criticisms do not mean opposition is working”.
-
News3 days ago
Natasha Defies Curfew, Arrives Kogi In White Helicopter Amid Rousing Welcome
-
Top news5 days ago
Trump Threatens Putin If Ceasefire Deals Fail
-
News4 days ago
Uromi Killings: 14 Suspects Arrested, Set To Be Moved To Abuja For Interrogation
-
Top news3 days ago
Edo Governorship Poll: Tribunal Fixes Debate For Judgment
-
News2 days ago
Fulani! Fulani! Fulani! How Benue Farmer Slumped, Died Over False Alarm