News
Suicide Bombers Hit Borno Leaving 18 Dead

Eighteen people were killed on Saturday when four suicide bombers set off improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in Gwoza, Borno State, the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) has said.
The attack, one of the deadliest reported in the state in recent months, injured more than 30 persons. The degree of injuries ranges from abdominal ruptures to skull and limb fractures.
The Director-General of SEMA, Barkindo Saidu, said he witnessed the first blast.
The wedding was held at Tashan Mararaba near the Fire Service in Gwoza town.
A survivor said the first bomber was carrying a baby on her back when she stormed the venue and detonated the IED.
As people gathered to bury those killed at the wedding, Saidu said a third bomber, a lady, detonated another IED with a lot of casualties.
“So far, 18 deaths comprise children, adult males, females, and pregnant women. 19 seriously injured were conveyed to Maiduguri in four ambulances,” Saidu said.
At the time he released the situation report, he said 23 were waiting for military escort “in the Medical Regimental Services (MRS) Clinic”.
The evacuation of the injured continued into the night with the SEMA DG, who was in Gwoza when the attacks occurred, coordinating the process from there.
He also said he had received a report of suspected suicide bomber in Pulka but did not provide further details aboutthat.
The military has imposed a curfew in Gwoza LGA in the wake of the attacks.
-
Top news3 days ago
Trump Threatens Putin If Ceasefire Deals Fail
-
News2 days ago
Natasha Defies Curfew, Arrives Kogi In White Helicopter Amid Rousing Welcome
-
News3 days ago
Uromi Killings: 14 Suspects Arrested, Set To Be Moved To Abuja For Interrogation
-
Top news2 days ago
Edo Governorship Poll: Tribunal Fixes Debate For Judgment
-
Top news3 days ago
Fubara’s Chief of Staff Denies Burning Assembly Complex, To Sue Nwaeke For Libel